Dodgers return home to face road-strong Athletics

SPORTIVO
Article arrow_drop_down
MLB: Los Angeles Dodgers at Arizona DiamondbacksMay 9, 2025; Phoenix, Arizona, USA; Los Angeles Dodgers first baseman Freddie Freeman celebrates with teammates after driving in a run with a sacrifice fly in the first inning against the Arizona Diamondbacks at Chase Field. Mandatory Credit: Mark J. Rebilas-Imagn Images

As the Los Angeles Dodgers return home from a mammoth road trip, they will play host to the Athletics, who have been playing a far better brand of baseball away from their temporary home.

The Dodgers went 6-4 on a trek through Atlanta, Miami and Arizona, while finishing their adventures Sunday with an 8-1 victory over the Diamondbacks.

Freddie Freeman had a home run among his four hits with three RBIs on Sunday. He went 19-for-40 (.475) during the team’s travels and hit four home runs with 16 RBIs.

Batting .250 as recently as April 23, Freeman is up to .376 ahead of a nine-game homestand.

“It was a long road trip,” Freeman said. “A lot of late flights. Late ‘get-ins.’ And to have a winning road trip, that was good.”

After an 8-0 start to the season, the Dodgers have gone 19-14 since and it might be much worse without Freeman’s production since he returned from a setback to an ankle injury that plagued him throughout last season’s playoffs.

“He carried us this road trip,” Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said. “He’s just been relentless. He’s just taking good at-bats.”

The Dodgers have not committed to a rotation for the series against the A’s, with Tuesday’s start possibly going to right-hander Landon Knack, unless Roberts elects to go with another bullpen game.

Knack (2-0, 4.61 ERA) was called up to start Wednesday’s series finale at Miami and delivered five scoreless innings with five strikeouts. He has never faced the Athletics.

While Dodgers pitching gave up 3.8 runs per game over the 10 stops on the road trip, the A’s allowed 7.7 runs per game over their homestand that ended with a 12-2 loss to the New York Yankees on Sunday.

The A’s are now 8-13 in their temporary home in Sacramento and 13-7 on the road where they appear to be far more comfortable. After he was rocked for eight runs in four innings, A’s starter Luis Severino aired his grievances with the minor league park the team is calling home for the time being.

“That’s something we’re going to try to help with and dive into,” manager Mark Kotsay said before the team hit the road. “Any time a player talks about this place in terms of being a little uncomfortable, we’ll have that conversation and see how we can turn that mindset around and create a positive mindset about what we’re capable of doing here.”

The A’s gave up 29 total runs in three games against the Yankees, who were the American League’s World Series participant last season. Now they face the Yankees’ opponent last October, who won it all.

Up first on the mound for the A’s is left-hander Jeffrey Springs (4-3, 4.81) who found success on the homestand when he allowed two runs over five innings last Monday against the Seattle Mariners in a game that still ended in a 5-3 defeat. It was the lowest scoring game by an opponent last week.

Springs has faced the Dodgers just once, back in 2018 when he had a two-inning scoreless relief appearance.

After Shea Langeliers had four hits and five RBIs in an 11-7 victory over the Yankees on Saturday, he had one of the Athletics’ seven hits Sunday. A’s rookie leadoff hitter Jacob Wilson saw a seven-game hitting streak come to an end Sunday but is batting .348 with 15 multi-hit games.

–Field Level Media

This news was originally published on this post .

About the author

About the author call_made

SPORTIVO

More posts

trending_flat
‘No gamesmanship’ – Wolff reveals new Russell contract ‘a formality’

Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff says there is "no gamesmanship" in his contract talks with George Russell and revealed a new deal is "a formality".Russell and Mercedes team-mate Kimi Antonelli are both out of contract at the end of this year, with the British driver stating ahead of this weekend's Dutch Grand Prix that he chose to delay negotiations over the summer break to ensure "everything is right". Sky Sports News understands talks between Mercedes and Russell have been advancing towards a multi-year deal which would see him stay at the team until at least the end of 2027."George is a Mercedes driver and Kimi as well. They are part of the team, part of the structure," Wolff told Sky Sports F1 at Zandvoort."Where we are is formalities. How can we optimise his performance, his marketing days, his travel? These […]

trending_flat
Pablo Rosario, o polivalente médio que até a central joga e que o FC Porto ‘roubou’ ao Nice

Jogador dominicano  ©IMAGO Pablo Rosario já é jogador do FC Porto, depois de os dragões terem oficializado a sua contratação na manhã desta quinta-feira. Mas quem é, afinal, este polivalente médio dominicano, que já se cruzou com o treinador Francesco Farioli na época 2023/24, quando o italiano o orientou no Nice, clube ao qual os dragões acabaram de pagar 3,75 milhões de euros pela sua contratação?Para respondermos a essa questão com maior exatidão, chegámos à fala com Ronan Caroff, Area Manager do Transfermarkt em França, que tem acompanhado de perto a carreira do novo jogador azul e branco, sobretudo desde que este se transferiu para solo gaulês."Rosario era um dos jogadores com mais anos de casa no Nice, ia fazer agora a sua quinta temporada no clube. Mas, a um ano do fim do contrato, começou a perder espaço na […]

trending_flat
Arteta: Saka hamstring injuries a big concern

Mikel Arteta has admitted Bukayo Saka's hamstring injuries are a big concern as Arsenal prepare to face champions Liverpool without their talisman on Super Sunday.Saka, who missed a three-month period of last season due to an injury to his right hamstring, was forced off after feeling something in his left hamstring during Arsenal's 5-0 win over Leeds. The 23-year-old has avoided the need for surgery on this occasion, with the injury not as bad as first feared, but he will play no part at Anfield and has also been omitted from the England squad."Bukayo is doing better but he is out for a few weeks unfortunately," said Arteta at his press conference on Friday. Sunday 31st August 4:00pm Kick off 4:30pm "No surgery. It's not as bad as the previous one. Obviously it's very unfortunate to pick it up but […]

Uličník Chorý. Jeho zkrat neomlouvám, ale mám pro něj pochopení, řekl Nedvěd

„Samozřejmě, jeho nominaci jsme vzhledem k herní pauze za vyloučení zvažovali. Byli ve hře obě varianty. Nakonec jsme se rozhodli Tomáše povolat. Je to rozdílový hráč, do kolektivu moc důležitý. Může změnit průběh zápasu,“ řekl Hašek.S Chorým mluvil, stejně tak s ním měl osobní pohovor Nedvěd. Jak schůzka probíhala? „S Tomášem jsem se sešel, bylo vidět, jak mu je incident ze Slovácka moc líto, jak moc ho mrzí. Prostě ho neustál,“ pronesl Nedvěd. Pro zkrat Chorého, který v závěru zápasu v Uherském Hradišti udeřil ležícího brankáře Milana Heču do rozkroku, má však pochopení. „Kdo stál někdy na hřišti, ví dobře, že tam planou emoce. V devadesáté minutě kolikrát ani nevidíte balon. Nechci Tomáše omlouvat, zvlášť když jde o reprezentanta, ale má naše pochopení. Navíc jde o jeho první vyloučení v kariéře. Nominovali jsme ho, že pro nás bude platný,“ dodal Nedvěd.Hašek věří, že žádný incident ze strany Chorého […]

trending_flat
2026 NFL Draft Summer Scouting: Wide Receiver Overview

Washington‘s Denzel Boston is the top X receiver: Boston possesses a large catch radius and is impressive after the catch. Antonio Williams is a name to watch in the slot: The Clemson standout has fluid hips and is a premier punt returner. Estimated Reading Time: 25 minutes The 2025 college football season has just begun, but it's never too early to break down prospects for next spring's draft class. PFF Lead NFL Draft Analyst Trevor Sikkema offers his breakdowns for X, Z and slot receivers in the 2026 NFL Draft, from Makai Lemon to Jordyn Tyson to Elijah Sarratt and more. X Receivers Denzel Boston, Washington Strengths Not slow out of his stance. Eats up cushion quickly for a big man Decent sharpness to route cuts Good route understanding. Will even pull some double moves Reliable hands amid heavy volume […]

Marcos Leonardo é pedido pela torcida do Flamengo e Nicola revela chances da contratação do atacante: “Tendência que não aconteça”

Marcos Leonardo festeja gol pelo Al-Hilal - Abdullah Ahmed/Getty ImagesFora dos planos do Al-Hilal, da Arábia Saudita, Marcos Leonardo passou a ter seu nome pedido por torcedores do Flamengo. Com a possibilidade de Bruno Henrique ser punido por suposto envolvimento em apostas esportivas, o ex-jogador do Peixe seria uma espécie de substituto para Filipe Luís no ataque rubro-negro. Entretanto, não se trata de uma simples negociação pelos valores envolvidos. PUBLICIDADE PUBLICIDADESegundo Jorge Nicola, a chance do atacante virar reforço do time carioca é até palpável, mas dificilmente deverá acontecer até mesmo pela janela de transferências que está prestes a fechar, sem contar que o jogador hoje recebe um salário considerável no clube saudita.“Há uma série de torcedores do Flamengo pedindo a contratação do atacante. O negócio, o pacote Marcos Leonardo é muito caro. Foi comprado por R$ 253 milhões e […]

Related

trending_flat
‘No gamesmanship’ – Wolff reveals new Russell contract ‘a formality’

Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff says there is "no gamesmanship" in his contract talks with George Russell and revealed a new deal is "a formality".Russell and Mercedes team-mate Kimi Antonelli are both out of contract at the end of this year, with the British driver stating ahead of this weekend's Dutch Grand Prix that he chose to delay negotiations over the summer break to ensure "everything is right". Sky Sports News understands talks between Mercedes and Russell have been advancing towards a multi-year deal which would see him stay at the team until at least the end of 2027."George is a Mercedes driver and Kimi as well. They are part of the team, part of the structure," Wolff told Sky Sports F1 at Zandvoort."Where we are is formalities. How can we optimise his performance, his marketing days, his travel? These […]

trending_flat
Pablo Rosario, o polivalente médio que até a central joga e que o FC Porto ‘roubou’ ao Nice

Jogador dominicano  ©IMAGO Pablo Rosario já é jogador do FC Porto, depois de os dragões terem oficializado a sua contratação na manhã desta quinta-feira. Mas quem é, afinal, este polivalente médio dominicano, que já se cruzou com o treinador Francesco Farioli na época 2023/24, quando o italiano o orientou no Nice, clube ao qual os dragões acabaram de pagar 3,75 milhões de euros pela sua contratação?Para respondermos a essa questão com maior exatidão, chegámos à fala com Ronan Caroff, Area Manager do Transfermarkt em França, que tem acompanhado de perto a carreira do novo jogador azul e branco, sobretudo desde que este se transferiu para solo gaulês."Rosario era um dos jogadores com mais anos de casa no Nice, ia fazer agora a sua quinta temporada no clube. Mas, a um ano do fim do contrato, começou a perder espaço na […]

trending_flat
Arteta: Saka hamstring injuries a big concern

Mikel Arteta has admitted Bukayo Saka's hamstring injuries are a big concern as Arsenal prepare to face champions Liverpool without their talisman on Super Sunday.Saka, who missed a three-month period of last season due to an injury to his right hamstring, was forced off after feeling something in his left hamstring during Arsenal's 5-0 win over Leeds. The 23-year-old has avoided the need for surgery on this occasion, with the injury not as bad as first feared, but he will play no part at Anfield and has also been omitted from the England squad."Bukayo is doing better but he is out for a few weeks unfortunately," said Arteta at his press conference on Friday. Sunday 31st August 4:00pm Kick off 4:30pm "No surgery. It's not as bad as the previous one. Obviously it's very unfortunate to pick it up but […]

Uličník Chorý. Jeho zkrat neomlouvám, ale mám pro něj pochopení, řekl Nedvěd

„Samozřejmě, jeho nominaci jsme vzhledem k herní pauze za vyloučení zvažovali. Byli ve hře obě varianty. Nakonec jsme se rozhodli Tomáše povolat. Je to rozdílový hráč, do kolektivu moc důležitý. Může změnit průběh zápasu,“ řekl Hašek.S Chorým mluvil, stejně tak s ním měl osobní pohovor Nedvěd. Jak schůzka probíhala? „S Tomášem jsem se sešel, bylo vidět, jak mu je incident ze Slovácka moc líto, jak moc ho mrzí. Prostě ho neustál,“ pronesl Nedvěd. Pro zkrat Chorého, který v závěru zápasu v Uherském Hradišti udeřil ležícího brankáře Milana Heču do rozkroku, má však pochopení. „Kdo stál někdy na hřišti, ví dobře, že tam planou emoce. V devadesáté minutě kolikrát ani nevidíte balon. Nechci Tomáše omlouvat, zvlášť když jde o reprezentanta, ale má naše pochopení. Navíc jde o jeho první vyloučení v kariéře. Nominovali jsme ho, že pro nás bude platný,“ dodal Nedvěd.Hašek věří, že žádný incident ze strany Chorého […]

trending_flat
2026 NFL Draft Summer Scouting: Wide Receiver Overview

Washington‘s Denzel Boston is the top X receiver: Boston possesses a large catch radius and is impressive after the catch. Antonio Williams is a name to watch in the slot: The Clemson standout has fluid hips and is a premier punt returner. Estimated Reading Time: 25 minutes The 2025 college football season has just begun, but it's never too early to break down prospects for next spring's draft class. PFF Lead NFL Draft Analyst Trevor Sikkema offers his breakdowns for X, Z and slot receivers in the 2026 NFL Draft, from Makai Lemon to Jordyn Tyson to Elijah Sarratt and more. X Receivers Denzel Boston, Washington Strengths Not slow out of his stance. Eats up cushion quickly for a big man Decent sharpness to route cuts Good route understanding. Will even pull some double moves Reliable hands amid heavy volume […]

Marcos Leonardo é pedido pela torcida do Flamengo e Nicola revela chances da contratação do atacante: “Tendência que não aconteça”

Marcos Leonardo festeja gol pelo Al-Hilal - Abdullah Ahmed/Getty ImagesFora dos planos do Al-Hilal, da Arábia Saudita, Marcos Leonardo passou a ter seu nome pedido por torcedores do Flamengo. Com a possibilidade de Bruno Henrique ser punido por suposto envolvimento em apostas esportivas, o ex-jogador do Peixe seria uma espécie de substituto para Filipe Luís no ataque rubro-negro. Entretanto, não se trata de uma simples negociação pelos valores envolvidos. PUBLICIDADE PUBLICIDADESegundo Jorge Nicola, a chance do atacante virar reforço do time carioca é até palpável, mas dificilmente deverá acontecer até mesmo pela janela de transferências que está prestes a fechar, sem contar que o jogador hoje recebe um salário considerável no clube saudita.“Há uma série de torcedores do Flamengo pedindo a contratação do atacante. O negócio, o pacote Marcos Leonardo é muito caro. Foi comprado por R$ 253 milhões e […]

Be the first to leave a comment

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sportivo bridges the gap between talent and opportunity.

About SPORTIVO

Sportivo Network is a dedicated social platform for sports enthusiasts, athletes, and scouts. Whether you’re an aspiring athlete looking for opportunities, a coach searching for talent, or simply a sports lover wanting to connect with like-minded people, Sportivo is your go-to network. With features like direct messaging, profile showcasing, and talent scouting, Sportivo bridges the gap between talent and opportunity. Here, you can share your achievements, interact with professionals, and open doors to the next level in your sports journey. Join Sportivo Network – because every great athlete deserves to be discovered!
Copyright © 2025 SPORTIVO News. and SPORTIVO Network. All rights reserved.

Login to enjoy full advantages

Please login or subscribe to continue.

Go Premium!

Enjoy the full advantage of the premium access.

Stop following

Unfollow Cancel

Cancel subscription

Are you sure you want to cancel your subscription? You will lose your Premium access and stored playlists.

Go back Confirm cancellation