Masataka Yoshida set to make season debut as Red Sox host Rockies

SPORTIVO
Article arrow_drop_down
MLB: Spring Training-Boston Red Sox at New York YankeesMar 18, 2025; Tampa, Florida, USA; Boston Red Sox outfielder Masataka Yoshida (7) celebrates after hitting a two run home run against the New York Yankees in the sixth inning during spring training at George M. Steinbrenner Field. Mandatory Credit: Nathan Ray Seebeck-Imagn Images

Masataka Yoshida is expected to be in the lineup when the Boston Red Sox try to complete a three-game sweep of the visiting Colorado Rockies on Wednesday.

Before Boston’s 10-2 triumph over Colorado on Tuesday, Red Sox manager Alex Cora said Yoshida will be reinstated from the 60-day injured list and in the lineup as the team’s designated hitter Wednesday night.

Yoshida and Rob Refsnyder are expected to platoon in Boston’s designated hitter spot, with Yoshida starting against right-handed pitchers.

“Mostly DH, but it’s not like last year where he’s not going to play the outfield,” Cora said. “He’s healthy, he is throwing the ball well and we’ll use him for whatever we need that day.”

Yoshida, 31, has not played for Boston this season. He had offseason shoulder surgery and completed a five-game minor league rehab assignment Monday. He played the first two games with Triple-A Worcester and the next three games with Double-A Portland.

Yoshida’s return creates a logjam in an outfield that includes Jarren Duran, Ceddane Rafaela, Roman Anthony, Rob Refsnyder and Wilyer Abreu.

“I know (Cora) has a plan, and I trust him full tilt,” Duran said. “So whatever he needs me to do, I’m going to do. … He’s a good manager and he’s been doing it, and I trust him for whatever we need to do for the team.”

Boston will be looking to extend its winning streak to six games Wednesday. The Red Sox won Monday’s game against Colorado 9-3.

Colorado’s Kyle Freeland pitched five scoreless innings Tuesday before surrendering three runs in the sixth. The loss dropped his record to 1-10.

“I thought it was one of his better outings of the year,” Colorado manager Warren Schaeffer said. “All of his breaking stuff was working. He was putting the ball where he wanted to. He deserved to get through that sixth inning, I thought. There were two outs and he threw a good pitch to (Trevor Story), but he hit a jam shot out there.”

Boston right-hander Lucas Giolito (5-1, 3.66 ERA) is scheduled to start on the mound for Boston on Wednesday. Giolito is 0-1 with a 6.30 ERA in two career appearances against the Rockies, both starts. He has allowed 12 hits, including three home runs, in 10 innings against Colorado.

Giolito has pitched at least six innings in each of his last five starts. He’s 4-0 with a 0.83 ERA during that five-game stretch.

Boston also has a rested bullpen since Brayan Bello pitched a complete game Tuesday.

“He was on point,” Cora said. “Some swing and misses, was on top of hitters, got ahead, stayed ahead, buried them. He was really good.”

Righty Antonio Senzatela (3-12, 6.57 ERA) is listed as Colorado’s probable starter. It will be Senzatela’s first career appearance against the Red Sox.

Senzatela will be facing a Boston team that has scored 86 runs in its last 10 games. Tuesday’s victory was the 15th time the Red Sox have scored at least 10 runs in a game this season, the most of any team in the American League.

–Field Level Media

This news was originally published on this post .

About the author

About the author call_made

SPORTIVO

More posts

Premiérovou Paraguayskou rallye vyhrál Ogier

Online magazín deníku Právo & Seznam.czCopyright © 1996–2025, Seznam.cz, a.s., Borgis, a.s., ČTK, DPA, Reuters, fotobanka Profimedia.Publikování nebo další šíření obsahu serveru Sport.cz je bez písemného souhlasu společnosti Borgis, a.s. zakázáno. RSS kanály serveru Sport.cz jsou určeny pouze pro osobní užití. Jakékoli kopírování, šíření nebo využívání obsahu RSS kanálů serveru Sport.cz bez předchozího písemného souhlasu společnosti Borgis a.s. není dovoleno. Dodavatelem obsahu serveru Sport.cz a osobou vykonávající redakční odpovědnost je společnost BORGIS a.s. Šiřitelem reklamy na serveru Sport.cz je společnost Seznam.cz, a.s., IČO 26168685.

trending_flat
DaRon Bland contract: Cowboys CB agrees to massive extension with hopes of returning to Pro Bowl form

Getty Images While they weren't able to re-sign Micah Parsons, the Dallas Cowboys were able to lock up another Pro Bowler on its defense for the long haul. The Cowboys and former Pro Bowl cornerback DaRon Bland have agreed to terms of a new deal in the form of a four-year, $92 million extension, the team announced. A 2022 fifth-round pick, Bland's extension is a byproduct of the success he enjoyed during his first three seasons in Dallas. After picking off five passes as a rookie, Bland led the NFL with nine interceptions in 2023 en route to earning his first Pro Bowl berth. "I'm so happy for him," Cowboys coach Brian Schottenheimer said of Bland's extension on Sunday. "Well deserved. ... Another guy who perfectly fits our defense." After a highly successful first two seasons with the Cowboys, a foot injury sustained last summer […]

trending_flat
USA Midfielder Yunus Musah Reportedly Loaned Out to Atalanta In $29 Million Deal

After being left off Mauricio Pochettino's 23-man roster for the September international window, United States men's national team midfielder Yunus Musah has secured a season-long loan from AC Milan to Atalanta BC, according to multiple reports.The deal is worth approximately $29 million between the loan fee and Atalanta's option to buy, according to soccer journalist Fabrizio Romano. Milan acquired Musah from Valencia in 2023 for a transfer fee of $21 million. Before Valencia, Musah played for Arsenal's academy team.Musah, 22, appearaed in 40 matches for Milan last season and recorded three assists. All three of Musah's assists came while playing in the central midfield. Musah also played as a right midfielder last season.Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri gave Musah the start in Milan's season-opener against Lecce, and he went the full 90 in a 2-0 win. His United States men's national […]

trending_flat
USA Midfielder Yunus Musah Reportedly Loaned Out to Atalanta In $29 Million Deal

After being left off Mauricio Pochettino's 23-man roster for the September international window, United States men's national team midfielder Yunus Musah has secured a season-long loan from AC Milan to Atalanta BC, according to multiple reports.The deal is worth approximately $29 million between the loan fee and Atalanta's option to buy, according to soccer journalist Fabrizio Romano. Milan acquired Musah from Valencia in 2023 for a transfer fee of $21 million. Before Valencia, Musah played for Arsenal's academy team.Musah, 22, appearaed in 40 matches for Milan last season and recorded three assists. All three of Musah's assists came while playing in the central midfield. Musah also played as a right midfielder last season.Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri gave Musah the start in Milan's season-opener against Lecce, and he went the full 90 in a 2-0 win. His United States men's national […]

trending_flat
‘A complete surprise’ – Hamilton reflects on ‘painful’ Dutch GP crash

Lewis Hamilton admitted he was taken by "complete surprise" as an uncharacteristic crash saw him make a "painful" early exit from the Dutch Grand Prix.Hamilton had been running in seventh during the early stages of the race before Ferrari brought him in for a pit stop in an attempt to undercut the Mercedes of George Russell. With Hamilton pushing to make the undercut stick as light rain fell, the seven-time world champion got off line through the banked Hugenholtzbocht hairpin, lost control and hit the barrier.Reflecting on the incident, Hamilton said: "I didn't really want the undercut necessarily, at that time."I was just saying that we would have to probably try and undercut them at some point. Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player Highlights of the Dutch Grand Prix from Zandvoort "But it was more I […]

trending_flat
Cowboys Extend Cornerback Daron Bland After Trading Micah Parsons

Just days after trading the cornerstone of their defense, the Dallas Cowboys extended one of their key playmakers in the secondary.According to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, the Cowboys have agreed to a four-year extension with cornerback Daron Bland. Reports indicate the deal is worth $92 million.Last week, the Cowboys traded Micah Parsons to the Green Bay Packers for two first-round picks and defensive tackle Kenny Clark. Parsons wanted a new contract, and no progress was made on that during training camp, ultimately leading to the deal. Daron Bland broke out in 2023, when he led the NFL in interceptions and scored five touchdowns. (Richard Rodriguez/Getty Images) <!--> -->Parsons will make an estimated $47 million per year with the Packers, making him the highest-paid player who is not a quarterback in the NFL. The Cowboys already have the highest-paid quarterback (Dak […]

Related

Premiérovou Paraguayskou rallye vyhrál Ogier

Online magazín deníku Právo & Seznam.czCopyright © 1996–2025, Seznam.cz, a.s., Borgis, a.s., ČTK, DPA, Reuters, fotobanka Profimedia.Publikování nebo další šíření obsahu serveru Sport.cz je bez písemného souhlasu společnosti Borgis, a.s. zakázáno. RSS kanály serveru Sport.cz jsou určeny pouze pro osobní užití. Jakékoli kopírování, šíření nebo využívání obsahu RSS kanálů serveru Sport.cz bez předchozího písemného souhlasu společnosti Borgis a.s. není dovoleno. Dodavatelem obsahu serveru Sport.cz a osobou vykonávající redakční odpovědnost je společnost BORGIS a.s. Šiřitelem reklamy na serveru Sport.cz je společnost Seznam.cz, a.s., IČO 26168685.

trending_flat
DaRon Bland contract: Cowboys CB agrees to massive extension with hopes of returning to Pro Bowl form

Getty Images While they weren't able to re-sign Micah Parsons, the Dallas Cowboys were able to lock up another Pro Bowler on its defense for the long haul. The Cowboys and former Pro Bowl cornerback DaRon Bland have agreed to terms of a new deal in the form of a four-year, $92 million extension, the team announced. A 2022 fifth-round pick, Bland's extension is a byproduct of the success he enjoyed during his first three seasons in Dallas. After picking off five passes as a rookie, Bland led the NFL with nine interceptions in 2023 en route to earning his first Pro Bowl berth. "I'm so happy for him," Cowboys coach Brian Schottenheimer said of Bland's extension on Sunday. "Well deserved. ... Another guy who perfectly fits our defense." After a highly successful first two seasons with the Cowboys, a foot injury sustained last summer […]

trending_flat
USA Midfielder Yunus Musah Reportedly Loaned Out to Atalanta In $29 Million Deal

After being left off Mauricio Pochettino's 23-man roster for the September international window, United States men's national team midfielder Yunus Musah has secured a season-long loan from AC Milan to Atalanta BC, according to multiple reports.The deal is worth approximately $29 million between the loan fee and Atalanta's option to buy, according to soccer journalist Fabrizio Romano. Milan acquired Musah from Valencia in 2023 for a transfer fee of $21 million. Before Valencia, Musah played for Arsenal's academy team.Musah, 22, appearaed in 40 matches for Milan last season and recorded three assists. All three of Musah's assists came while playing in the central midfield. Musah also played as a right midfielder last season.Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri gave Musah the start in Milan's season-opener against Lecce, and he went the full 90 in a 2-0 win. His United States men's national […]

trending_flat
USA Midfielder Yunus Musah Reportedly Loaned Out to Atalanta In $29 Million Deal

After being left off Mauricio Pochettino's 23-man roster for the September international window, United States men's national team midfielder Yunus Musah has secured a season-long loan from AC Milan to Atalanta BC, according to multiple reports.The deal is worth approximately $29 million between the loan fee and Atalanta's option to buy, according to soccer journalist Fabrizio Romano. Milan acquired Musah from Valencia in 2023 for a transfer fee of $21 million. Before Valencia, Musah played for Arsenal's academy team.Musah, 22, appearaed in 40 matches for Milan last season and recorded three assists. All three of Musah's assists came while playing in the central midfield. Musah also played as a right midfielder last season.Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri gave Musah the start in Milan's season-opener against Lecce, and he went the full 90 in a 2-0 win. His United States men's national […]

trending_flat
‘A complete surprise’ – Hamilton reflects on ‘painful’ Dutch GP crash

Lewis Hamilton admitted he was taken by "complete surprise" as an uncharacteristic crash saw him make a "painful" early exit from the Dutch Grand Prix.Hamilton had been running in seventh during the early stages of the race before Ferrari brought him in for a pit stop in an attempt to undercut the Mercedes of George Russell. With Hamilton pushing to make the undercut stick as light rain fell, the seven-time world champion got off line through the banked Hugenholtzbocht hairpin, lost control and hit the barrier.Reflecting on the incident, Hamilton said: "I didn't really want the undercut necessarily, at that time."I was just saying that we would have to probably try and undercut them at some point. Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player Highlights of the Dutch Grand Prix from Zandvoort "But it was more I […]

trending_flat
Cowboys Extend Cornerback Daron Bland After Trading Micah Parsons

Just days after trading the cornerstone of their defense, the Dallas Cowboys extended one of their key playmakers in the secondary.According to FOX Sports' Jay Glazer, the Cowboys have agreed to a four-year extension with cornerback Daron Bland. Reports indicate the deal is worth $92 million.Last week, the Cowboys traded Micah Parsons to the Green Bay Packers for two first-round picks and defensive tackle Kenny Clark. Parsons wanted a new contract, and no progress was made on that during training camp, ultimately leading to the deal. Daron Bland broke out in 2023, when he led the NFL in interceptions and scored five touchdowns. (Richard Rodriguez/Getty Images) <!--> -->Parsons will make an estimated $47 million per year with the Packers, making him the highest-paid player who is not a quarterback in the NFL. The Cowboys already have the highest-paid quarterback (Dak […]

Be the first to leave a comment

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sportivo bridges the gap between talent and opportunity.

About SPORTIVO

Sportivo Network is a dedicated social platform for sports enthusiasts, athletes, and scouts. Whether you’re an aspiring athlete looking for opportunities, a coach searching for talent, or simply a sports lover wanting to connect with like-minded people, Sportivo is your go-to network. With features like direct messaging, profile showcasing, and talent scouting, Sportivo bridges the gap between talent and opportunity. Here, you can share your achievements, interact with professionals, and open doors to the next level in your sports journey. Join Sportivo Network – because every great athlete deserves to be discovered!
Copyright © 2025 SPORTIVO News. and SPORTIVO Network. All rights reserved.

Login to enjoy full advantages

Please login or subscribe to continue.

Go Premium!

Enjoy the full advantage of the premium access.

Stop following

Unfollow Cancel

Cancel subscription

Are you sure you want to cancel your subscription? You will lose your Premium access and stored playlists.

Go back Confirm cancellation