Jerry Jones goes scorched earth on Micah Parsons’ agent, Cowboys star responds on social media

SPORTIVO
Article arrow_drop_down

Jerry Jones is attempting a new tactic as the Dallas Cowboys’ stalemate with Micah Parsons drags on: going scorched earth on the All-Pro’s agent. Parsons did not appear to appreciate it.

The Cowboys owner displayed both sides of his public persona in a matter of hours on Thursday, first going on Fox News in the morning and praising Parsons as a player when asked how close he was to a deal in a dispute that has consumed the NFL preseason.

“Micah’s a great player, not a good player,” Jones said. “He knows more than anyone that it’s a team thing, and, so, I know everybody’s tired of hearing this, but you’ve got to put this puzzle together so that you can have some other people out there playing with Micah.

“That’s the art of the deal. And that’s what we’re trying to get done, and we’re trying to make this thing work … We have all the appreciation in the world for what he can mean to the years ahead. We’re proud to have him.”

In the afternoon, however, Jones spoke with Cowboys legend Michael Irvin on his YouTube show and aired out seemingly every piece of dirty laundry he could find from how this whole thing has played out.

First, he said he offered Parsons the most guaranteed money of any defensive player in NFL history. He also implied he is ready to hit Parsons with the franchise tag twice after his rookie contract runs out at the end of this season, stating Parsons has three more years in Dallas ahead of him:

“I have agreed to give more money than that’s ever been given, in terms of guaranteed money, than anyone ever has, as far as a defensive player. I’ve done that. Now, I am the cat that writes the check, OK. Now, Micah’s got three years with the Cowboys left. He’s got three years.

“At some point, somebody has to have the say over the other. At some point, it has to be that way. My job is managing the check. Micah’s got to do the playing.”

The current high mark for guaranteed money for a defensive player is held by Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end T.J. Watt, who got $108 million guaranteed in his three-year, $123 million extension last month. However, Jones also went on to speak about an offer he personally made to Parsons in March, when the record would have been Nick Bosa’s $88 million from the San Francisco 49ers.

Advertisement

[Join or create a Yahoo Fantasy Football league for the 2025 NFL season]

Jones placed the onus of the rift entirely on Parsons’ agent David Mulugheta, whom he accused of having ulterior motives in negotiations:

“Where is the least important part of this whole equation we’re talking about. What is the least incremental part of the whole equation? The attorney or the agent. He works for Micah. He’s not the principal here, in any way. In any way. They’re in here to make their percentage.

“So many times in this industry, you’ve got another agenda going on with agents. A different agenda. They’re playing a game. You tell me, are agents incentivized to not only get the most for that player, but they’re trying to get, what? They’re trying to get other players, because they’ve got an agenda for that player. That’s their incentive, OK? Attorneys, exactly the very same way, and as you know, I do a lot of business.”

While Parsons’ camp has been mostly silent about the negotiations since he announced he was requesting a trade, Jones has spoken almost daily about the matter. One thing that has frequently come up is a meeting between Jones and Parsons in March, when they supposedly reached a handshake deal for an extension.

As Jones told it Thursday, Mulugheta rejected the agreement:

“Come over to the office and I’ll show you exactly what we offered Micah. We’ve got it in the back, it’s all written down and ready to go … When we wanted to send the details to the agent, the agent told us to stick it up our ass.

“Micah and I talked, and then we were going to send it over to the agent. We had our agreements on term, amount, guarantees, everything. We were going to send it over to the agent, and the agent said, ‘Don’t bother, because we’ve got all that to negotiate.’ Well, I had already negotiated. I had already moved off my mark on several areas. So the issue, very frankly, is we’ve had the negotiation in my mind and the agent’s trying to get his nose in it, and come in there, and improve off the mark that we had already said.”

Maybe this doesn’t need to be said, but let’s be clear here: No franchise owner in the NFL talks about these things like this in public, except for the guy who currently has a Netflix series out about his wheelings and dealings.

Advertisement

Essentially, Jones is complaining that he is being forced to negotiate with the person Parsons hired to negotiate on his behalf. It is a frequent move among club owners to attempt to cut out the supposed middlemen (agents, attorneys, executives) through a one-on-one meeting with players, but this is a case where the team owner is also the team’s lead negotiator. Whatever Parsons might have said in his meeting with Jones, he is perfectly within his rights to have Mulugheta review an agreement and act on his recommendation.

Micah Parsons responds to Jerry Jones

Mulugheta confirmed he was aware of what Jones said when approached by the Dallas Morning News but declined further comment.

Parsons, however, responded with a bible verse from, conveniently, the Book of Micah, while also appearing to wipe all mentions of the Cowboys from his social media profiles. You can be the judge of what the post means:

Later, he posted a video on TikTok with the Allen Iverson “Ima win wherever I go” rant and photos of him appearing to wave goodbye.

Advertisement

This situation doesn’t seem to be getting much better. On the bright side, head coach Brian Schottenheimer said Wednesday he feels good about the chances of Parsons playing in Week 1.

Parsons has yet to practice with the team in training camp, not in Oxnard, California, where they spent nearly a month this summer, and not back at The Star in the Dallas area.

At the moment, the Cowboys are set to pay Parsons $24 million this season, the fifth and final season on his rookie deal.

OXNARD, CALIFORNIA - AUGUST 5: Micah Parsons #11 of the Dallas Cowboys looks on during the joint practice against the Los Angeles Rams at Staybridge Suites Oxnard on August 5, 2025 in Oxnard, California. (Photo by Ric Tapia/Getty Images)

Micah Parsons doesn’t appear any closer to a contract extension with the Cowboys than he did earlier this summer. (Photo by Ric Tapia/Getty Images)

(Ric Tapia via Getty Images)

Parsons, the No. 12 overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft, immediately made a name for himself in the league, winning NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year. In each of his first four seasons, he’s recorded at least 12 sacks — even last year when he played only 13 games while dealing with an ankle injury.

Advertisement

The Penn State product has piled up 52.5 sacks, 256 total tackles, 112 quarterback hits and nine forced fumbles in 63 regular-season games.

Parsons is only 26 years old, and he’s seen as one of the league’s best defenders. He wants to be valued as such.

Even though Jones has signed linchpin players to delayed extensions before — most recently quarterback Dak Prescott and wide receiver CeeDee Lamb — the longtime Cowboys owner doesn’t appear to be any closer to inking Parsons to a new contract.

ESPN’s Adam Schefter reported Tuesday that “it sounds like at this point it’s personal” and that “it sounds like each side is dug in.”

This news was originally published on this post .

About the author

About the author call_made

SPORTIVO

More posts

Juventus porazil FC Janov, vyhrál i podruhé bez inkasovaného gólu

Vlahovič rozhodl v 73. minutě, kdy hlavou usměrnil do sítě roh krajana Kostiče. Srbský útočník byl tou dobou na hřišti deset minut poté, co nahradil Davida. Domácí mohli v závěru nastavení vyrovnat, ale Masini neměl takové štěstí jako hostující útočník a jeho hlavička skončila na břevně Di Gregoriovy branky.Italská fotbalová liga - 2. kolo:FC Janov - Juventus Turín 0:1 (73. Vlahovič)FC Turín - Fiorentina 0:020:45 Inter Milán - UdineLazio Řím - Hellas Verona

Atlético-MG entra em contato com Zubeldía para substituir Cuca e torcedores reprovam argentino: “Caça outro rumo”

Zubeldía motivando os jogadores do SPFC em campo (Foto: Rubens Chiri/São Paulo)Em busca de um substituto para Cuca, o Atlético-MG abriu conversas com o Luis Zubeldía, ex-São Paulo. A informação foi publicada pela ESPN. De acordo com o veículo, o Galo e o treinador argentino tiveram uma reunião nesse sábado para que o projeto seja apresentado. PUBLICIDADE PUBLICIDADEZubeldía está no mercado desde o dia 16 de junho, quando foi demitido do São Paulo. Ele ficou no Tricolor por mais de um ano. Foram 85 jogos no total. O argentino é um dos nomes que agradam à diretoria do Atlético-MG, porém outros profissionais como Pedro Caixinha e Pedro Martins também são analisados.Casagrande vê Zubeldía como melhor decisãoA demissão de Cuca acontece logo depois do Atlético-MG ser derrotado em casa para o Cruzeiro, pelas quartas de final da Copa do Brasil. Foram […]

Premiérovou Paraguayskou rallye vyhrál Ogier

Online magazín deníku Právo & Seznam.czCopyright © 1996–2025, Seznam.cz, a.s., Borgis, a.s., ČTK, DPA, Reuters, fotobanka Profimedia.Publikování nebo další šíření obsahu serveru Sport.cz je bez písemného souhlasu společnosti Borgis, a.s. zakázáno. RSS kanály serveru Sport.cz jsou určeny pouze pro osobní užití. Jakékoli kopírování, šíření nebo využívání obsahu RSS kanálů serveru Sport.cz bez předchozího písemného souhlasu společnosti Borgis a.s. není dovoleno. Dodavatelem obsahu serveru Sport.cz a osobou vykonávající redakční odpovědnost je společnost BORGIS a.s. Šiřitelem reklamy na serveru Sport.cz je společnost Seznam.cz, a.s., IČO 26168685.

trending_flat
DaRon Bland contract: Cowboys CB agrees to massive extension with hopes of returning to Pro Bowl form

Getty Images While they weren't able to re-sign Micah Parsons, the Dallas Cowboys were able to lock up another Pro Bowler on its defense for the long haul. The Cowboys and former Pro Bowl cornerback DaRon Bland have agreed to terms of a new deal in the form of a four-year, $92 million extension, the team announced. A 2022 fifth-round pick, Bland's extension is a byproduct of the success he enjoyed during his first three seasons in Dallas. After picking off five passes as a rookie, Bland led the NFL with nine interceptions in 2023 en route to earning his first Pro Bowl berth. "I'm so happy for him," Cowboys coach Brian Schottenheimer said of Bland's extension on Sunday. "Well deserved. ... Another guy who perfectly fits our defense." After a highly successful first two seasons with the Cowboys, a foot injury sustained last summer […]

trending_flat
USA Midfielder Yunus Musah Reportedly Loaned Out to Atalanta In $29 Million Deal

After being left off Mauricio Pochettino's 23-man roster for the September international window, United States men's national team midfielder Yunus Musah has secured a season-long loan from AC Milan to Atalanta BC, according to multiple reports.The deal is worth approximately $29 million between the loan fee and Atalanta's option to buy, according to soccer journalist Fabrizio Romano. Milan acquired Musah from Valencia in 2023 for a transfer fee of $21 million. Before Valencia, Musah played for Arsenal's academy team.Musah, 22, appearaed in 40 matches for Milan last season and recorded three assists. All three of Musah's assists came while playing in the central midfield. Musah also played as a right midfielder last season.Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri gave Musah the start in Milan's season-opener against Lecce, and he went the full 90 in a 2-0 win. His United States men's national […]

trending_flat
USA Midfielder Yunus Musah Reportedly Loaned Out to Atalanta In $29 Million Deal

After being left off Mauricio Pochettino's 23-man roster for the September international window, United States men's national team midfielder Yunus Musah has secured a season-long loan from AC Milan to Atalanta BC, according to multiple reports.The deal is worth approximately $29 million between the loan fee and Atalanta's option to buy, according to soccer journalist Fabrizio Romano. Milan acquired Musah from Valencia in 2023 for a transfer fee of $21 million. Before Valencia, Musah played for Arsenal's academy team.Musah, 22, appearaed in 40 matches for Milan last season and recorded three assists. All three of Musah's assists came while playing in the central midfield. Musah also played as a right midfielder last season.Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri gave Musah the start in Milan's season-opener against Lecce, and he went the full 90 in a 2-0 win. His United States men's national […]

Related

Juventus porazil FC Janov, vyhrál i podruhé bez inkasovaného gólu

Vlahovič rozhodl v 73. minutě, kdy hlavou usměrnil do sítě roh krajana Kostiče. Srbský útočník byl tou dobou na hřišti deset minut poté, co nahradil Davida. Domácí mohli v závěru nastavení vyrovnat, ale Masini neměl takové štěstí jako hostující útočník a jeho hlavička skončila na břevně Di Gregoriovy branky.Italská fotbalová liga - 2. kolo:FC Janov - Juventus Turín 0:1 (73. Vlahovič)FC Turín - Fiorentina 0:020:45 Inter Milán - UdineLazio Řím - Hellas Verona

Atlético-MG entra em contato com Zubeldía para substituir Cuca e torcedores reprovam argentino: “Caça outro rumo”

Zubeldía motivando os jogadores do SPFC em campo (Foto: Rubens Chiri/São Paulo)Em busca de um substituto para Cuca, o Atlético-MG abriu conversas com o Luis Zubeldía, ex-São Paulo. A informação foi publicada pela ESPN. De acordo com o veículo, o Galo e o treinador argentino tiveram uma reunião nesse sábado para que o projeto seja apresentado. PUBLICIDADE PUBLICIDADEZubeldía está no mercado desde o dia 16 de junho, quando foi demitido do São Paulo. Ele ficou no Tricolor por mais de um ano. Foram 85 jogos no total. O argentino é um dos nomes que agradam à diretoria do Atlético-MG, porém outros profissionais como Pedro Caixinha e Pedro Martins também são analisados.Casagrande vê Zubeldía como melhor decisãoA demissão de Cuca acontece logo depois do Atlético-MG ser derrotado em casa para o Cruzeiro, pelas quartas de final da Copa do Brasil. Foram […]

Premiérovou Paraguayskou rallye vyhrál Ogier

Online magazín deníku Právo & Seznam.czCopyright © 1996–2025, Seznam.cz, a.s., Borgis, a.s., ČTK, DPA, Reuters, fotobanka Profimedia.Publikování nebo další šíření obsahu serveru Sport.cz je bez písemného souhlasu společnosti Borgis, a.s. zakázáno. RSS kanály serveru Sport.cz jsou určeny pouze pro osobní užití. Jakékoli kopírování, šíření nebo využívání obsahu RSS kanálů serveru Sport.cz bez předchozího písemného souhlasu společnosti Borgis a.s. není dovoleno. Dodavatelem obsahu serveru Sport.cz a osobou vykonávající redakční odpovědnost je společnost BORGIS a.s. Šiřitelem reklamy na serveru Sport.cz je společnost Seznam.cz, a.s., IČO 26168685.

trending_flat
DaRon Bland contract: Cowboys CB agrees to massive extension with hopes of returning to Pro Bowl form

Getty Images While they weren't able to re-sign Micah Parsons, the Dallas Cowboys were able to lock up another Pro Bowler on its defense for the long haul. The Cowboys and former Pro Bowl cornerback DaRon Bland have agreed to terms of a new deal in the form of a four-year, $92 million extension, the team announced. A 2022 fifth-round pick, Bland's extension is a byproduct of the success he enjoyed during his first three seasons in Dallas. After picking off five passes as a rookie, Bland led the NFL with nine interceptions in 2023 en route to earning his first Pro Bowl berth. "I'm so happy for him," Cowboys coach Brian Schottenheimer said of Bland's extension on Sunday. "Well deserved. ... Another guy who perfectly fits our defense." After a highly successful first two seasons with the Cowboys, a foot injury sustained last summer […]

trending_flat
USA Midfielder Yunus Musah Reportedly Loaned Out to Atalanta In $29 Million Deal

After being left off Mauricio Pochettino's 23-man roster for the September international window, United States men's national team midfielder Yunus Musah has secured a season-long loan from AC Milan to Atalanta BC, according to multiple reports.The deal is worth approximately $29 million between the loan fee and Atalanta's option to buy, according to soccer journalist Fabrizio Romano. Milan acquired Musah from Valencia in 2023 for a transfer fee of $21 million. Before Valencia, Musah played for Arsenal's academy team.Musah, 22, appearaed in 40 matches for Milan last season and recorded three assists. All three of Musah's assists came while playing in the central midfield. Musah also played as a right midfielder last season.Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri gave Musah the start in Milan's season-opener against Lecce, and he went the full 90 in a 2-0 win. His United States men's national […]

trending_flat
USA Midfielder Yunus Musah Reportedly Loaned Out to Atalanta In $29 Million Deal

After being left off Mauricio Pochettino's 23-man roster for the September international window, United States men's national team midfielder Yunus Musah has secured a season-long loan from AC Milan to Atalanta BC, according to multiple reports.The deal is worth approximately $29 million between the loan fee and Atalanta's option to buy, according to soccer journalist Fabrizio Romano. Milan acquired Musah from Valencia in 2023 for a transfer fee of $21 million. Before Valencia, Musah played for Arsenal's academy team.Musah, 22, appearaed in 40 matches for Milan last season and recorded three assists. All three of Musah's assists came while playing in the central midfield. Musah also played as a right midfielder last season.Milan coach Massimiliano Allegri gave Musah the start in Milan's season-opener against Lecce, and he went the full 90 in a 2-0 win. His United States men's national […]

Be the first to leave a comment

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sportivo bridges the gap between talent and opportunity.

About SPORTIVO

Sportivo Network is a dedicated social platform for sports enthusiasts, athletes, and scouts. Whether you’re an aspiring athlete looking for opportunities, a coach searching for talent, or simply a sports lover wanting to connect with like-minded people, Sportivo is your go-to network. With features like direct messaging, profile showcasing, and talent scouting, Sportivo bridges the gap between talent and opportunity. Here, you can share your achievements, interact with professionals, and open doors to the next level in your sports journey. Join Sportivo Network – because every great athlete deserves to be discovered!
Copyright © 2025 SPORTIVO News. and SPORTIVO Network. All rights reserved.

Login to enjoy full advantages

Please login or subscribe to continue.

Go Premium!

Enjoy the full advantage of the premium access.

Stop following

Unfollow Cancel

Cancel subscription

Are you sure you want to cancel your subscription? You will lose your Premium access and stored playlists.

Go back Confirm cancellation