Three share lead at midpoint of U.S. Senior Open

SPORTIVO
Article arrow_drop_down
Syndication: Akron Beacon JournalStewart Cink of Atlanta, Georgia watches his second shot from the rough along the No. 6 fairway during the second round of the 2025 Kaulig Companies Championship at Firestone Country Club, Friday, June 20, 2025, in Akron, Ohio.

Stewart Cink shot a 4-under-par 66, the best round of the event, to forge a tie with Ireland’s Padraig Harrington and Australia’s Mark Hensby atop the leaderboard at the U.S. Senior Open at Broadmoor Golf Club in Colorado Springs.

“I love the fact that … I haven’t played great these first two days,” Cink said. “I’ve played pretty good golf but nothing spectacular.”

Harrington and Hensby are co-leaders for the second straight day after again shooting matching 3-under 67s.

Cink, chasing his second win of 2025, opened his day on the back nine and kept things fairly buttoned up, posting a bogey on No. 14 but otherwise shooting par through his first 11 holes.

That’s when he found his stroke.

The 52-year-old nabbed birdies on Nos. 3, 4, 6, 8 and 9 to finish on a tremendous high note as he hit every single green on the day.

“It was not like I dug deep and found anything,” Cink said. “I just kept doing the same thing and patience was rewarded.”

After winning the Insperity Invitational in May, Cink has maintained a high level of play, placing fourth at the Senior PGA Championship coming in third at the Kaulig Companies Championship last week. Overall, he has eight top-10 finishes among 11 tournaments this season.

Harrington, who won this event in 2022, is getting steady overall results, but his luck on individual holes was a little more disparate. He balanced six birdies against three bogeys.

“Most of Thursday and Friday is jockeying for position, keeping yourself in the tournament, trying not to lose the tournament, but after the start I had today, I could have got some daylight between myself and the field and got out there,” said Harrington, who birdied three of his first four holes. “I just have to go and do it all again the next two days.”

Hensby is seeking his second Champions Tour victory, and like Harrington, he was a little up and down. But whereas Harrington spread both the positive and negative holes throughout his round, Hensby saved most of his drama for his final nine holes, which he played on the front nine.

After opening with a bogey and birdie in his first three holes and following that with six straight pars, Hensby went birdie, par, birdie, birdie, bogey, par, bogey, birdie, birdie.

“I played really well the back nine and then got off to a good start on the front nine again,” Hensby said. “Then got a little scratchy.”

Alone in fourth place is Denmark’s Thomas Bjorn, who sits three strokes behind the leaders after shooting a 1-under 69.

Two players are tied for fifth at 2 under for the tournament, Bill Andrade (69) and South Korea’s Y.E. Yang (68).

Steve Flesch (70), Northern Ireland’s Darren Clarke (68) and Spain’s Miguel Angel Jimenez (70) are tied for seventh at 1 under.

–Field Level Media

This news was originally published on this post .

About the author

About the author call_made

SPORTIVO

More posts

Vampeta crava classificação do Cruzeiro e repreende atitude de Cuca no Atlético-MG: “Sinceramente não entendo”

Vampeta em debate na Jovem Pan - Reprodução/YouTubeA vitória do Cruzeiro por 2×0 na Arena MRV tirou as esperanças de Vampeta com a classificação do Atlético-MG. Inicialmente, o pentacampeão projetou e admitiu torcida pelo Galo para avançar às semifinais da Copa do Brasil mesmo com a Raposa vivendo um melhor momento atualmente. PUBLICIDADE PUBLICIDADE“Eu apostava no Atlético-MG no duelo. Primeiro porque gosto do Atlético-MG e segundo porque acreditava mais mesmo com o Cruzeiro melhor no momento. Mas acho que foi. Esses 2×0 é uma vantagem muito grande para reverter diante de uma equipe que está bem”, afirmou Vampeta.Decisão de Cuca é questionadaVampeta também questionou a decisão do técnico Cuca em não utilizar o atacante Júnior Santos. Ele foi contratado no início da temporada e é a maior contratação da história do Galo. Entretanto, pouco foi usado pelo treinador e, recentemente, […]

Zico vê privilégio com Jorginho e Saul e alerta sobre desgaste na zaga do Flamengo: “Único setor vulnerável”

Zico, em entrevista à Flamengo TV (Reprodução)Zico, ao analisar o poderoso elenco do Flamengo, enxerga apenas uma questão em aberto. Diante da sequência de Léo Ortiz e Léo Pereira, o ex-jogador sugere que o time não fique dependente de Danilo, desfalque recente após lesão posterior da coxa direita, como suplente imediato. Neste cenário, apesar da dupla promissora na base formada por João Victor e Iago, a possibilidade de outro zagueiro mais experiente chegar ao clube é avaliada de forma positiva, algo que promoveria margem para o descanso dos titulares. PUBLICIDADE PUBLICIDADE“A dificuldade maior do Flamengo, hoje, são os dois da zaga porque está sobrecarregando. O Danilo machucou e voltou, ficou só o Léo Ortiz e o Léo Pereira. Precisava de mais uma opção. Talvez seja o único setor que está mais vulnerável. Tem três e mais um jovem que está […]

trending_flat
Mainoo tells Man Utd he wants loan move

Manchester United midfielder Kobbie Mainoo has requested a loan move to get more game time this season, Sky Sports News has been told.But United have no intention of allowing him to go on loan. They want him to stay and fight for his place in the team. Mainoo started the Carabao Cup tie at Grimsby Town on Wednesday night, but was an unused substitute in both of United's Premier League games this season.More to follow.What Amorim said about Mainoo this weekManchester United head coach Ruben Amorim speaking to Sky Sports before Wednesday's loss to Grimsby Town: "I expect a lot from Kobbie Mainoo. People think that sometimes you need to just give, I think it's important for Kobbie to fight for his place. "I believe a lot in Kobbie, more than everybody thinks. "He's playing in one position, he's fighting with […]

trending_flat
Mainoo tells Man Utd he wants loan move

Manchester United midfielder Kobbie Mainoo has requested a loan move to get more game time this season, Sky Sports News has been told.But United have no intention of allowing him to go on loan. They want him to stay and fight for his place in the team. Mainoo started the Carabao Cup tie at Grimsby Town on Wednesday night, but was an unused substitute in both of United's Premier League games this season.More to follow.What Amorim said about Mainoo this weekManchester United head coach Ruben Amorim speaking to Sky Sports before Wednesday's loss to Grimsby Town: "I expect a lot from Kobbie Mainoo. People think that sometimes you need to just give, I think it's important for Kobbie to fight for his place. "I believe a lot in Kobbie, more than everybody thinks. "He's playing in one position, he's fighting with […]

trending_flat
Confirmed: Micah Parsons joins the Green Bay Packers after Dallas Cowboys contract fallout

Micah Parsons show his passing abilities at Cowboys training camp while fans chant his nameFinally, the long-running saga has come to an end. Micah Parsons will leave the Dallas Cowboys amid his contract extension dilemma and is set to join the Green Bay Packers, a blockbuster move that has left Dallas Cowboys> fans stunned and divided. While some are heartbroken to see one of the team's brightest stars depart, others see it as the inevitable outcome of months of unresolved tension between Parsons and the front office.Micah Parsons will join the Green Bay Packers after failing to reach an agreement with Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys, following months of stalled negotiations. Now, Packers fans are eagerly awaiting Parsons' arrival, hoping the star defender can become a cornerstone of their roster and help the franchise achieve major success in […]

trending_flat
Superb Sinner marches on as Swiatek avoids upset

Jannik Sinner continued his US Open title defence in imperious fashion as he beat Alexei Popyrin in straight sets to reach the third round at Flushing Meadows.The world No 1 and recently-crowned Wimbledon champion was untouchable during a 6-3 6-2 6-2 win in little over two hours against the Australian world No 36. Sinner will now advance to face 27th seed Denis Shapovalov as he seeks his third Grand Slam crown of the year and the fifth of his career. Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player Jannik Sinner sweeps past Alexei Popyrin to reach the US Open third round and says he's feeling comfortable but wants to improve on his serve. "Obviously, I try to play the best tennis I can," said Sinner. "The first round matches are always different compared to the further you go."I'm […]

Related

Vampeta crava classificação do Cruzeiro e repreende atitude de Cuca no Atlético-MG: “Sinceramente não entendo”

Vampeta em debate na Jovem Pan - Reprodução/YouTubeA vitória do Cruzeiro por 2×0 na Arena MRV tirou as esperanças de Vampeta com a classificação do Atlético-MG. Inicialmente, o pentacampeão projetou e admitiu torcida pelo Galo para avançar às semifinais da Copa do Brasil mesmo com a Raposa vivendo um melhor momento atualmente. PUBLICIDADE PUBLICIDADE“Eu apostava no Atlético-MG no duelo. Primeiro porque gosto do Atlético-MG e segundo porque acreditava mais mesmo com o Cruzeiro melhor no momento. Mas acho que foi. Esses 2×0 é uma vantagem muito grande para reverter diante de uma equipe que está bem”, afirmou Vampeta.Decisão de Cuca é questionadaVampeta também questionou a decisão do técnico Cuca em não utilizar o atacante Júnior Santos. Ele foi contratado no início da temporada e é a maior contratação da história do Galo. Entretanto, pouco foi usado pelo treinador e, recentemente, […]

Zico vê privilégio com Jorginho e Saul e alerta sobre desgaste na zaga do Flamengo: “Único setor vulnerável”

Zico, em entrevista à Flamengo TV (Reprodução)Zico, ao analisar o poderoso elenco do Flamengo, enxerga apenas uma questão em aberto. Diante da sequência de Léo Ortiz e Léo Pereira, o ex-jogador sugere que o time não fique dependente de Danilo, desfalque recente após lesão posterior da coxa direita, como suplente imediato. Neste cenário, apesar da dupla promissora na base formada por João Victor e Iago, a possibilidade de outro zagueiro mais experiente chegar ao clube é avaliada de forma positiva, algo que promoveria margem para o descanso dos titulares. PUBLICIDADE PUBLICIDADE“A dificuldade maior do Flamengo, hoje, são os dois da zaga porque está sobrecarregando. O Danilo machucou e voltou, ficou só o Léo Ortiz e o Léo Pereira. Precisava de mais uma opção. Talvez seja o único setor que está mais vulnerável. Tem três e mais um jovem que está […]

trending_flat
Mainoo tells Man Utd he wants loan move

Manchester United midfielder Kobbie Mainoo has requested a loan move to get more game time this season, Sky Sports News has been told.But United have no intention of allowing him to go on loan. They want him to stay and fight for his place in the team. Mainoo started the Carabao Cup tie at Grimsby Town on Wednesday night, but was an unused substitute in both of United's Premier League games this season.More to follow.What Amorim said about Mainoo this weekManchester United head coach Ruben Amorim speaking to Sky Sports before Wednesday's loss to Grimsby Town: "I expect a lot from Kobbie Mainoo. People think that sometimes you need to just give, I think it's important for Kobbie to fight for his place. "I believe a lot in Kobbie, more than everybody thinks. "He's playing in one position, he's fighting with […]

trending_flat
Mainoo tells Man Utd he wants loan move

Manchester United midfielder Kobbie Mainoo has requested a loan move to get more game time this season, Sky Sports News has been told.But United have no intention of allowing him to go on loan. They want him to stay and fight for his place in the team. Mainoo started the Carabao Cup tie at Grimsby Town on Wednesday night, but was an unused substitute in both of United's Premier League games this season.More to follow.What Amorim said about Mainoo this weekManchester United head coach Ruben Amorim speaking to Sky Sports before Wednesday's loss to Grimsby Town: "I expect a lot from Kobbie Mainoo. People think that sometimes you need to just give, I think it's important for Kobbie to fight for his place. "I believe a lot in Kobbie, more than everybody thinks. "He's playing in one position, he's fighting with […]

trending_flat
Confirmed: Micah Parsons joins the Green Bay Packers after Dallas Cowboys contract fallout

Micah Parsons show his passing abilities at Cowboys training camp while fans chant his nameFinally, the long-running saga has come to an end. Micah Parsons will leave the Dallas Cowboys amid his contract extension dilemma and is set to join the Green Bay Packers, a blockbuster move that has left Dallas Cowboys> fans stunned and divided. While some are heartbroken to see one of the team's brightest stars depart, others see it as the inevitable outcome of months of unresolved tension between Parsons and the front office.Micah Parsons will join the Green Bay Packers after failing to reach an agreement with Jerry Jones, owner of the Dallas Cowboys, following months of stalled negotiations. Now, Packers fans are eagerly awaiting Parsons' arrival, hoping the star defender can become a cornerstone of their roster and help the franchise achieve major success in […]

trending_flat
Superb Sinner marches on as Swiatek avoids upset

Jannik Sinner continued his US Open title defence in imperious fashion as he beat Alexei Popyrin in straight sets to reach the third round at Flushing Meadows.The world No 1 and recently-crowned Wimbledon champion was untouchable during a 6-3 6-2 6-2 win in little over two hours against the Australian world No 36. Sinner will now advance to face 27th seed Denis Shapovalov as he seeks his third Grand Slam crown of the year and the fifth of his career. Please use Chrome browser for a more accessible video player Jannik Sinner sweeps past Alexei Popyrin to reach the US Open third round and says he's feeling comfortable but wants to improve on his serve. "Obviously, I try to play the best tennis I can," said Sinner. "The first round matches are always different compared to the further you go."I'm […]

Be the first to leave a comment

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Sportivo bridges the gap between talent and opportunity.

About SPORTIVO

Sportivo Network is a dedicated social platform for sports enthusiasts, athletes, and scouts. Whether you’re an aspiring athlete looking for opportunities, a coach searching for talent, or simply a sports lover wanting to connect with like-minded people, Sportivo is your go-to network. With features like direct messaging, profile showcasing, and talent scouting, Sportivo bridges the gap between talent and opportunity. Here, you can share your achievements, interact with professionals, and open doors to the next level in your sports journey. Join Sportivo Network – because every great athlete deserves to be discovered!
Copyright © 2025 SPORTIVO News. and SPORTIVO Network. All rights reserved.

Login to enjoy full advantages

Please login or subscribe to continue.

Go Premium!

Enjoy the full advantage of the premium access.

Stop following

Unfollow Cancel

Cancel subscription

Are you sure you want to cancel your subscription? You will lose your Premium access and stored playlists.

Go back Confirm cancellation